Wednesday, September 19, 2012

WEEK 3!

Well you our kindergarteners certainly love stories and have good memories! Many asked for me to read Don't let the Pigeon Drive the Bus AGAIN (of course I did...) and we still managed to get in this week's stories. Your children have all now heard the loudest flush in the school (the library bathroom plumbing is impressive and it sometimes startles young ones... so we practice!)

I am making one change in their routine with me: It is so late in the day, and kiddos are so tired, I am going to ask them to browse for their books first, then pack up, before I settle them in for a story. Reading first leaves packing last and it has been a hectic end of the day. We can't have that! I will shuffle things up a bit this week to see if it makes a difference.

For this week, I will read Not a Stick by Antoinette Portis 
and another old classic Caps for Sale by  Esphyr Slobodinka.

In case you havent heard, the lesson I taught them around book care was about not leaving books on the floor. What do you do if you find a book on the floor? Stop dead in you tracks, grab your head, gasp in horror and PICK IT UP!